How to interface the HC-SR04 ultrasonic ranging module to Arduino
If you are sourcing an ultrasonic ranging module, the HC-SR04 is a good choose . Its stable performance and high ranging accuracy make it a popular module in electronic market.
- power supply : 5V DC
- quiescent current : <=2mA
- effectual angle : <= 15°
- ranging distance : 3 cm – 400 cm
- resolution : 0.3 cm
There are 4 pins out of the module : VCC , Trig, Echo, GND . So it’s a very easy interface for controller to use it ranging.
- Pull the Trig pin to high level for more than 10us impulse, so the module starts ranging;
- If you find an object in front , Echo pin will be high level, and based on the different distance, it will take the different duration of high level.
- Compute the distance: Distance = ((Duration of high level)*(Sonic :340m/s))/2
We have some of these sensors, if you are interested take a look here.