Cocos3d release. The changes.
On the 22nd of April the version 0.7.1 of cocos3d library has been released. You can download the latest version from here.
In this version there are a lot of changes, here you are the list (from the documentation):
cocos3d 0.7.1 - 2012/04/22
- Added explicit support for Gesture Recognizers:
- Added CC3Node methods cc3ConvertUIPointToNodeSpace:, cc3ConvertUIMovementToNodeSpace: & cc3NormalizeUIMovement: to make it easy to use gesture location data in a CC3Layer and CC3Scene.
- Added CC3Scene pickNodeFromTapAt: and pickNodeFromTouchEvent:at: methods to make it easy to pick nodes from tap & long-press gestures and touch events.
- Added CC3Layer cc3AddGestureRecognizer: and cc3RemoveGestureRecognizer: methods to simplify adding a gesture recogizers to a dedicated layer.
- Added CC3Node cc3ValidateGesture:, cc3WillConsumeTouchEventAt: and cc3ContainsTouchPoint: methods to help determine whether a gesture should be cancelled because a cocos2d button or control on the layer wants the touch event.
- Added CC3Layer onOpenCC3Layer and onCloseCC3Layer callback template methods as convenient place to perform set-up and tear-down activity, including managing gesture recognizers for a dedicated CC3Layer.
- CC3DemoMashUp now uses pinch, pan and tap gestures to move or pan the camera, select 3D nodes, and spin the cubes.
- Setting shouldUseGestures variable in CC3DemoMashUpLayer initializeControls method will turn gestures off, and layer and scene will use basic touch events for control.
- Added CC3Node shouldCastShadowsWhenInvisible property to allow meshes and lights to cast shadows even when invisible.
- Corrected the capitalization of the name of the Stamp.pvr texture file.
- Added short delay to resuming activity in AppDelegate applicationDidBecomeActive: method, to fix issue where performance slowed to 40fps on app resume.
- Moved cocos2d extensions for cocos3d to CC3CC2Extensions.h from CC3Foundation.h.
- Moved iOS extensions for cocos3d to CC3IOSExtensions.h from CC3Foundation.h.
- Added assertion in CC3OpenGLES11VertexArrays drawIndicies:ofLength:andType:as: method to detect models that contain index types other than GL_UNSIGNED_SHORT or GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE.
- Added log level to output of LogClean... logging functions.
- Added backward compatibility with legacy LLVM GCC 4.2 compiler
- Changed target tracking to use node transform listener framework.
- [API change] Extended CC3NodeTransformListenerProtocol to include CC3NodeListenerProtocol, which adds the nodeWasDestroyed: method. This is to help maintain object map integrity when weak links are used.
- [API change] CC3Node target property is no longer retained. This is to avoid retain cycles.
- [API change] Transform listeners added to a CC3Node via the addTransformListener: are no longer retained. This is to avoid retain cycles.
- [API change] Transform listeners added to a CC3Node via the addTransformListener: are now sent immediate notification only if transform is not dirty.
- [API change] Transform listeners are no longer automatically copied when a node is copied. This is to make adding a listener deliberate, to ensure listeners know who they have subscribed to.
- [API change] CC3Node isTransformDirty now returns YES on newly created node.
- Renamed CC3Node cleanup method to cleanupActions to clarify purpose, and deprecated cleanup.
- Fixed memory leaks when destroying and recreating CC3Scenes with skinned meshes, shadows, 2D particle systems, or fog.
- Fixed incorrect override of CC3Scene close method in the CC3Scene subclass in the hello, world template app.
- Changed install-cocos3d.sh script to remove option to install outside user home directory.
Copyright (c) 2010-2012 The Brenwill Workshop Ltd. All rights reserved.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN